Thursday, March 7, 2013

KLR 650 for sale

Yep, I've finally decided that this most excellent steed needs a new home. Bombproof reliability and rugged good looks aside, something smaller is probably better suited to the type of riding I would like to do now.

2000 KLR650
40,780 kms
$2500 safetied

- Doohickey replaced with Eagle Mike (don't believe the BS: my original chain tensioner was broken, as were those in two other KLRs I've inspected and fixed.)
- Progressive fork springs
- Braided stainless front brake line
- Upgraded subframe bolts
- New maintenance-free battery
- IMS foot pegs
- Moose aluminum skidplate
- Water pump seals replaced
- Maier handguards

When I first bought the bike at around 25,000km, I replaced all the wheel and suspension bearings with better parts, replaced the chain and sprockets, and generally tuned it up. I also inspected the clutch and valve shims not long ago, and both were in spec. Bike runs like a champ and pulls strong. I'll include the original fork springs, skid plate, and a smaller sprocket. Maybe some other odds and ends as well. If you've ready my blog you know what this bike looks like and can do, and it's never let me down.

Edit: Just to sweeten the deal, I have now installed a new Moose front rotor and new Galfer brake pads (green on front, black on rear). I've also disassembled and cleaned the calipers, changed the brake fluid, changed fork oil, changed engine oil, and cleaned and oiled the air filter. Bike is in heated storage and ready to ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment